Relax. We’re here to help you cut through the confusion so you can make informed, confident choices. The more you know, the less you’ll stress—letting you focus on the fun parts of buying a home.
Below are two tips to start you out in the right direction. They explain the homebuying process step by step, and include helpful worksheets, checklists and other tools to keep you on track and in control.
Tip #1: Find out what you can afford
- Your most current 30-day pay stubs
- All asset information (recent two-month checking/savings account info, retirement funds, stocks, bonds, etc.)
- Creditor information (credit card statements, auto loan statements, etc.)
- Dates of employment; address and phone number of current and previous employers
- W-2s for the last two years
- Rental information for the last two years (if applicable)
- Federal tax returns or 1040s for the most recent two years
Tip #2: Start planning your Dream Home
In addition to your real estate agent, there are a number of resources available for prospective home buyers. Homebuilder websites often have virtual tours, floor plans, area maps and other tools to help you learn about their communities. Your real estate agent has most likely has access to new build homes, information & websites. Don’t buy a New Build without a good realtor to represent you so they can look out for your best interest & negociate on your behalf! Plus, it’s free representation for you Buyers!