1. Decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. Most people never do this. Clarity is essential.
2. Write it down clearly and specifically. Make is measurable. “To increase my income by 50% in the next 2 years”. A goal that is not in writing is merely a fantasy. It has no energy behind it.
3. Set a deadline for your goal and, if necessary, set sub-deadlines. Your subconscious mind thrives on time-specific goals. For example: I will achieve half my income goal within eleven months and the other half within 2 years.
4. Make a list of everything you will have to do to achieve your goals. Add to your list as you think of new activities and tasks, which you will. Keep adding to your list until it is complete.
5. Organize your list into a plan. Decide what you need to do first, and what you need to do later. Decide what must be done and in what order. Rework your plan until it is complete.
6. Take action on your plan immediately. Do something, do anything, but get started. It is amazing how many people fail because they don’t take action on their goals and plans.
7. Resolve to do something every day that moves you toward your major goal, whatever it is at the moment. This discipline of doing something every day enables you to develop and maintain momentum. Daily action increases your determination and gives you energy. This single resolution, daily action, can turn your life around.