This weekend we are going to experience unseasonably warm, but beautiful Arizona weather. Here are a couple outdoor events taking place in Queen Creek that would be good options to enjoy the beautiful weather.
PEACH BLOSSOM CELEBRATION @ SCHNEPF FARMS:
- 24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142
- Dates/Time: Thursday-Sunday from 9-4pm
The Peach Blossom Celebration was created so that you could enjoy the beauty of the farm while hundreds of trees are dotted with Pink and white blossoms. Once a year over 80 acres of fruit trees start blooming at all different times and once a year, we open the farm up to celebrate that beauty. When visiting you can take a train ride, hay ride, walking train to see the orchards. Some orchards are smaller than others some may be in full bloom, while others are just starting. “like” our FB Page to keep up to do on when all the blossoms are at their peak.
- Guided Hayrides $6pp This is the must-do when visiting the Peach Blossom Celebration. You will get a personalized tour with Mark Schnepf, farm owner, who will take you to the orchard that has the best bloom. There will be time to get off the hayride for photo taking
- Hayride tours times: Thursday & Friday (11am, noon, 2pm) Saturday & Sunday (11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm) More added as needed.
- Walking trail – we have set up a pathway to enjoy a beautiful walk towards the orchard in bloom. If it’s a gorgeous day, then this may the one for you.
- Train ride – enjoy a 13 minute train ride through one of the orchards that typically blooms the third or fourth week in February.
- Don’t miss the Country Store and Bakery where we start with our famous peachy cinnamon rolls and Peach Pies.
- **** New This Year**** Peach Blossom All Natural Honey!
- Don’t Miss…Our UPICK Organic Garden $1.50 lb anything you pick
- U-gather farm fresh eggs $6 dozen or .50 each
ART FESTIVAL, MUSIC, WINE & OLIVE OIL TASTINGS @ THE OLIVE MILL:
Live Music in the Grove featuring Notes from Neptune!
Date/time: 2/15/14 from 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Often described as a musical journey, Notes from Neptune have been playing together for over 20 years. They range from classic 80’s rock with tunes from The Doors, to Motown soul with Bill Withers and James Brown. They throw in a little modern John Mayer and some swing jazz of Michael Buble and Louie Armstrong. This is their first appearance at Queen Creek Olive Mill.
Complimentary wine and olive oil tastings in the Grove from 11 am – 2pm
Live Music by Rex Williams!
Date/time: 2/15/14 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Rex Williams will be performing at the Mill on Saturday evening, February 15, 2014 from 5:30 – 8:30 PM. Rex’s music has been described as similar to a “John Mayer” sound. Check out his music and stay for one of our Arizona-style Artisan pizzas.
San Tan Artists Fine Art Show
Live music by Johnny Tanner & His Aces (blues band)
Date/time: 2/16/14 from 11AM-3PM
This “blues-style” band is a favorite of the Mill’s customers. Spend the day with us checking out the San Tan Artists Fine Art Show while you’re here.
Complimentary Wine Tasting from 11AM-2PM from Carazona & Classico Distributing
Vendor Tasting from 11AM-2PM from Laura’s Granola
This is a free event!