The City of Mesa offers its residents a variety of environmentally friendly ways to dispose of their Christmas trees after the holiday season. What happens to the trees? They are collected and taken to the Salt River Landfill and chipped into nutrient rich mulch. The benefits from recycling trees help extend the life of our landfills and reusing our natural and limited resources.
The following 24-hour drop-off sites will be available Dec. 26-Jan. 11:
* East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
* Solid Waste Division, 730 N. Mesa Dr.
* Superstition Springs Police/Fire Station, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road
* Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Road (enter off of Adobe St.)
* Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Road